Wednesday 2 October 2013

Message to Children, Teachers and Staff of Holy Trinity Junior School in Ripon

Hello everyone,

I hope that this message finds you well. We have been resting in the village of Samagoen (it takes 2 hours to walk down from base camp and 4 hours to walk ack up) for the last few days and I was invited to visit the local school by the Principal Phurbu Lama.

I thought that you might like to see the pictures of my visit. It was very inspiring to see some great education taking place in such a remote location. The children learn in Nepalise, Tibetian and English! 

Perhaps we can form a link with them Mr Bowlas?

The Children and Staff (above) Phurbu Lama (The Principal) and me (below)


Turning the focus back to the mountain, we will start our bid for the summit today. We are hoping to reach the summit on Tuesday 8th October.

That's it for now. Keep working hard everyone. I look forward to seeing you upon my return.

Kind Regards,

Graeme


No comments:

Post a Comment